Living, Learning, and Sharing my best life by becoming thoughtfully engaged with the world around me. An evolving boomer, Grande Dame blogger, photographer, nurse, euchre player, lover of champagne, chocolates, and caviar, feeder of birds, reader of books, mother of a BC eagle, co-founder of the Goddess Gala and Dieting Diva.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Do You Want to Live to be 100?

Yes I  want to live to be 100,
If I can still rock and roll, shimmy and shake. I don't care if it jiggles I just want to be able to do it. 
If I can l enjoy the sunshine and wear designer  sunglasses and big hats.
If I can go to the beach in some semblance of a bathing suit and still appreciate what a good tan feels like. 
If I can still enjoy the beauty and fragrance of  flowers.
If I can love and laugh.
If I can still get in and out of my bath tub.  
If  my mind is sharp and I am challenged with new ideas and adventures.
If I don't run out of friends along the way.
If I can enjoy the hummingbirds and the Red Tailed Hawk that visits me and the owl that calls to me at night.
If I can drink wine and eat chocolate.
If I can watch my son, my grandchildren and their children navigate this crazy world.
If I can have a driver.  I won't care if they take my driver's license away.  I don't mind being Miss Daisy!



1 comment:

  1. I like your list.

    You have a beautiful smile.

    Renee xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete