Living, Learning, and Sharing my best life by becoming thoughtfully engaged with the world around me. An evolving boomer, Grande Dame blogger, photographer, nurse, euchre player, lover of champagne, chocolates, and caviar, feeder of birds, reader of books, mother of a BC eagle, co-founder of the Goddess Gala and Dieting Diva.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Euchre Night, Facebook, Plinky

Just got home from Euchre night with the girls.  I always have fun playing cards and I think it is a healthy activity.  It makes you think and keeps you socialized.   We play Bid Euchre which is a bit more challenging than straight Euchre.  

Did I tell you, I have a face book account?  My 18 year old son was shocked to find this out.  I told him when he went off to college that I was planning on evolving into Marge after 50.  He thinks social networking is only for the young.  I think social networking keeps you young. 

I have also tried Plinky.  Today's prompt stimulated conversation between my son, my husband and I about our favorite movie lines.  He remembers things like this oh so much better than I.   My husband remembers "You can run but you can't hide"  from Road Warrior, where as my son thinks "Yippee-kay-yay-muthafucka"  from Die Hard  is memorable.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment