Living, Learning, and Sharing my best life by becoming thoughtfully engaged with the world around me. An evolving boomer, Grande Dame blogger, photographer, nurse, euchre player, lover of champagne, chocolates, and caviar, feeder of birds, reader of books, mother of a BC eagle, co-founder of the Goddess Gala and Dieting Diva.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Boycott Oprah

I once totally enjoyed the Oprah show.  I was a follower.  I set my DVR to record her programming.  No more.  My conscience will no longer allow me to support the program. Oprah needs to understand that her viewership is there for entertainment and information. The straw that broke the camels back was when last week she credited the Obama's for American families now sitting down to dinner together once again. Now that she has decided to use her platform to espouse her political beliefs,  I have decided to turn off the Oprah show.  I have written to Oprah and to her sponsors. I hope friends and readers of my blog will do the same.  I think if I see Oprah scream with delight one more time over the Obama victory, I will hurl chunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment