Living, Learning, and Sharing my best life by becoming thoughtfully engaged with the world around me. An evolving boomer, Grande Dame blogger, photographer, nurse, euchre player, lover of champagne, chocolates, and caviar, feeder of birds, reader of books, mother of a BC eagle, co-founder of the Goddess Gala and Dieting Diva.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Twitter


What is Twitter?  Twitter is a form of social media like Facebook or MySpace only different.  It is a free social messaging and microblogging utility. Your tweets are limited to 140 characters.  You can send your own and read others updates, which are called tweets.  As a newbie in the social media world I am trying it out.  I don't tweet much yet, but I have certainly found a couple of tweeters that provide useful information. So I am inclined to stick with it for awhile.  I enjoy Facebook for posting photo's and looking at others photos.  Facebook is better for connecting with people you have not seen for a long time and those you have.  Twitter seems better for listening to new people with like interests and gathering information.  Twitter seems to have a lot of application for business. Please leave your comments and ideas about Twitter and other social networks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment